Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Where can I buy these components for a laptop?

• Please log in to reply

FrankTT

FrankTT

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi,

I have a HP Pavilion dv7-3140 in my hands.

Those small flat plastic cables that I connect to the motherboard (for example, cable to the keyboard) they are put in a switch on the motherboard - some of these switches has a black plastic "button/head" which is pressed down to keep the flat cable in place. I need two of those in different sizes.

SEE PICTURES (also attached)

http://gupl.dk/706610/

http://gupl.dk/706611/

Do you know where I can buy these?

Attached Thumbnails

• The first connector piece of plastic i need.jpg
  • The second connector piece of plastic i need.jpg

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
:welcome: FrankTT

These kind of parts may prove difficult to obtain, you could try contacting HP customer services or possibly buying a non working notebook off ebay and salvage the parts that you need from that, HP customer services worldwide.

Good luck with it and let us know how you get on.

FrankTT

FrankTT

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

And thanks for the answer. Yeah those are not easy to find, I hoped it wasnt that hard.

FrankTT

FrankTT

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
And it is out of warrenty, so i need to find another solution than to contact HP. :(

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

And it is out of warrenty, so i need to find another solution than to contact HP. :(

I was thinking more of asking HP if they could ship you the parts themselves or provide you with details of their repair centre in your country, check out ebay first though because if you can obtain a non working notebook that is the same as yours you will not only get the parts that you need you will also have other spares that you can either keep or put back up for sale on ebay and recoup your costs (I have done the ebay route before with discontinued models and have found that the shipping costs are often the most expensive item, £10 in the UK or around $16 if you are in the US ;) )