Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Missing NTLDR Blue Screen....

• Please log in to reply

jacktro

jacktro

• PipPip
  • 68 posts
Hi Guys...I went to do a SuperAntiSpyware scan and my windows blue screened with a missing NTLDR.....
I booted the cdrom and tried a fix in recovery consol....which was the D:\cd i386 fix...it seemed to copy the missing file ok and i removed the cd...
But now my start up is looping .....
With a set up to boot from CDROM and the CD in the drive...i get...
1.Press Tab and show post screen >>>2.Press del to enter set up screen>>>3.verifing DMI pool data screen ...boot from CD......Press any key to boot from CD...if i just let it run it loops through the 3 pages...if i hit a key it takes me to windows set up.
With no cd in the drive i get....boot from cd...Disk failure...insert system disk press enter.
With it set to boot from HDD i get the looping through the 3 screens also.....1.press tab 2.press del 3.Verifing DMI and round and round.
I'd be grateful for any help to get my windows booting normally again.....thx

Advertisements

jacktro

jacktro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
Fixed ....... Continuous loop sorted ... boots normally again...:thumbsup:

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
What did you do to fix it? Might help someone else later on.