Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Fans extremely loud

• Please log in to reply

MrPerson

MrPerson

• PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
So I bumped my computer this morning on accident and now whenever I start up my computer it makes an extremely loud noise, and I think its the fans. There is no blockage but it just makes this loud annoying sound. I dont really know what to do. speedfan says one fan is at 898 RPM and the other is at 709, and the system is extremely cool. Can anyone help me its extremely annoying and it may be hurting it.

Advertisements

MrPerson

MrPerson

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
I apologize for making this thread too hastily, all I had to do was press down on the fans and start the computer back up and it started normally -_- I was just panicking and asking for help, delete this if you want to

MrPerson

MrPerson

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
I take that back, its doing it again. I turned it off for the night and turned it back on, and now its doing it again. Does cold affect fans because I have another PC here in the basement where it is normally very cold, especially during winter, and it also has the loud fan noise, but that one stops after a while. this one does not. Its normally very quiet and its starting to get very annoying and I am concerned it may break something. It still works though, I am typing this to you on the PC with the problem.

MrPerson

MrPerson

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
I just opened it back up and fiddled with the insides making sure everything was secure again, then turned it back on. It was completely quiet like normal, but then it just started doing it when I got to desktop. Its borderline random now.

loc122

loc122

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
when my pc goes to sleep and i wake it up fans go loud then i restarted it and its normal

MrPerson

MrPerson

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

when my pc goes to sleep and i wake it up fans go loud then i restarted it and its normal

I have restarted it several times, no dice. thanks anyway

more info, I have taken out the hard drives and the graphic card and it still does it so its not that, but the sound is still there. it sounds like it is coming from the front of the case, but there is nothing besides the hard drives there.

my case is a coolmaster centurion 5, motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-EX58-EXTREME, GFX card (if it matters) is a zotac/nvidia GTX 650

i have not had any problems with this PC until now, I need all the help I can get

MrPerson

MrPerson

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
well I took it to a repair shop and they found out that there is a fan in the front of my case that is designed to cool the 8 hard drive slots if they are all full. As I only have 2 filled, they said it would not matter if I just unplugged it (because I didnt have the cash to repair it at the time) so it is no longer plugged in, and its back to being near silent :happy:

the only problem now is that the program Speedfan completely freezes up my computer whenever I try to run it now for some reason, but I can accept that