Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to develop a website with maps for the real estate that i deal in?

• Please log in to reply

khamaar

khamaar

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Hi, I'm a property dealer and i want to make a website for the ease of my customers and the better advertisement of the plots, houses, etc. i have available. I'm pretty much a newborn in the world of web development, however i can visualize what i want. i want to make a website that would have a simple list of the available real estate and also a map, most probably a link to google maps of my area, upon which the real estate at different locations would appear like bubbles which if clicked on, will reveal the details of that specific property. I want to make something like this, www.estately.com ..........But I swear i don't have any idea where to start, what to learn, what to do? Would greatly appreciate if someone could direct me in the easiest of ways possible.

Advertisements

cydrobolt

cydrobolt

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hello khamaar

I suggest you take a look at morethanamap.com . It's Google Map's API website. You should learn about CSS/HTML/PHP/JS, depending on how complicated you want your website to be and how you want to do it. If you are clueless about web dev, I doubt you'll be able to do it yourself, without some kind of CMS (Content Management System). Some good CMS's are Joomla, WordPress, and Drupal.