Joe has refused all offers of tips/etc. to thank him for a job well done. So, I felt compelled to leave public feedback about my experience working with him.
Thread link: My malware thread
What was challenging about the assignment:
1. Perhaps not so unusual: but my Windows 7 laptop was infected with many many different types of malware. The system was virtually unusable.
2. From the start, Joe had investing significant time in diagnosing and obliterating many of the threats. Mid-way through the process, the laptop was working far better (with almost no sign of infection - but Joe was not finished). For reasons I won't bother going into here, I stopped corresponding with Joe. After a short period (few weeks) all the malware returned. The laptop became unusable again. I sheepishly asked Joe (over 1.5 months later) if he would continue the assignment with me (despite the significant set-back to the work). After confirming the topic was still open, he readily agreed to continue and we worked together to completely eliminate the threats.
After going through the whole process with him, a few qualities are pretty apparent to me about Joe:
1. Determination: Joe is not deterred by large projects.
2. Personal skills: he's professional, respectful, and polite.
3. Excellent communications skills: He provides clear and complete instructions in an authoritative manner.
I have worked in the IT industry for over 20 years. Joe's a pro. I'm glad I was able to work with him here, on geekstogo.
Thanks a ton, Joe!
Edited by rpjaway, 26 January 2014 - 10:30 PM.