Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Connecting Isignia Speakers to a Mexent TV

• Please log in to reply

tvhelp

tvhelp

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have an Insignia Ns Sp213 speakers (cords/wires not included) and a Maxent mx42x3 tv. I got the speakers in hopes of connecting it since the tv speakers dont work. I think I need a receiver or something, but not to sure? Does best buy have something I can use to make the connection?

Advertisements

Elliot

Elliot

Retired Staff

• Expert
  • 3,769 posts
Hello tvhelp!

It appears that your TV is really just a monitor with speakers, so you will not have any audio output to connect your Insignia speakers to. You will need some sort of audio or audio/video receiver in order to use your external speakers (you can get one at any home electronics store). You would then need to run an audio cable from your TV tuner (cable, satellite, etc.) into your a/v receiver in order to get sound.

Hope this helps. :)

Elliot