Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Web Hosting. Whats important for a Photography Web site?

• Please log in to reply

wannabesmart

wannabesmart

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello All

I am the brains of the program within the website (currently being developed) but have NO idea of what is important to have a fast website with a lot of traffic.

My new website is for sports photographers who will upload 10,000's of photos per month all around the world.

Question is......what is important for such a website via the web hosting company and any recommendations please!!!

Thank you :help:

Edited by wannabesmart, 29 January 2014 - 03:03 AM.

Advertisements

cydrobolt

cydrobolt

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hey wannabesmart

If you're going to start an image sharing website, I recommend you get a hosting package with lots of bandwidth. (bandwidth is the amount of data your website can transfer)
You might also want to check whether a user is human before letting them upload an image. There are a lot more things that go into a website, but as far as the host that you'll use, make sure to have enough bandwidth. Around a 400GB's should be enough. Again, it really depends on how large the uploaded pictures will be.