Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Questions about PHOTOS.

• Please log in to reply

cometflash

cometflash

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
I deleted a picture by mistake, but also deleted other pictures I did not want. When I the main screen where there is desktop and other apps, I see PHOTOS, and inside there is a slide show of all the pictures I have deleted, including the one I wanted back.
Question 1; Are the photos still located on the computer somewhere? If so, where are they?
Question 2; How do I make so that pics I have deleted do no show on the slide show?

Thank you!

Advertisements

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

I deleted a picture by mistake, but also deleted other pictures I did not want. When I the main screen where there is desktop and other apps, I see PHOTOS, and inside there is a slide show of all the pictures I have deleted, including the one I wanted back.
Question 1; Are the photos still located on the computer somewhere? If so, where are they?
Question 2; How do I make so that pics I have deleted do no show on the slide show?

Thank you!

I believe the ones you see on Windows 8 start screen in photos in the slideshow may still be there due to thumbnail cache not yet removed from the system yet.

This is why they still show in the slideshow. Deleting files always leave traces on your PC, unless sometimes you use certain program to do better erasure ( 3x overwrite) and you wipe free space.

I am not sure of any other way of recovering those deleted files, but there is a program you can try that is free to recover them.

Recuva

Try this the free version might not be as good as the paid one.

Lesson learned is always backup important files!! Use DVD, CD, a Flashdrive and an external hard drive to do this.

:thumbsup:

Edited by jds63, 29 January 2014 - 07:00 PM.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Maybe they are still in the Recycle bin?

cometflash

cometflash

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
So how exactly do I access those files? Like I said, I don't want some of the pics I deleted to be there. I like to remove some of those pictures from appearing on the slide show.

No, they are not on the recycle bean. I deleted on the computer, for the exact reason that I thought it had already being backed up. I don't want any of those pics on this computer, of why I deleted them. The pic I deleted by mistake is not that important for me to download a program to recover the file. I was going to send it to someone, it wasn't really for me.
Since I see the slide show though, I had the impression somehow the picture still exist, and is accessible.
If that is not true, all I need is to have those pictures showing on the slide show gone.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
See here: Has a section on how to delete photos: Photos App for Windows: FAQ

cometflash

cometflash

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
I don't see anything that helps me in that link. All folders have no image at all, yet the slide show still plays.

cometflash

cometflash

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
I still haven't found a solution. :(

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
I'm out of ideas as well. I don't use the Metro desktop at all and since I have UAC fully disabled I can't even run Metro Apps.

Having said that, read here, see if this helps: Manage the tile-based slide show in Windows 8's Photo app