I am new to this community and have a problem.
This is what happened:-
1) I sent an e-mail from home to work with a word attachment containing notes for a meeting.
2) I opened the attachment at work and saved it to my own folder in my individual drive.
3) At the same time (and possibly with the e-mail still open) I created a new e-mail and pasted some productivity figures from an excel file in to the new
4) I sent the e-mail showing the productivity figures to my team and four managers which I do on a daily basis.
5) A manager asks to speak to me about the attachment to the e-mail I sent showing the productivity figures and why I did it. I explain I have no idea how it happened and that is was a mistake.
6) After looking at the e-mail in my sent items I see that the file type has changed from a 2003 word document (.doc) to some kind of message format.
There are two of these messages attached and not just one word document format which is the one I created at home.
So my questions for you are:-
How did the file get converted from word to message? Did the software used by my employer do this when I saved it to my own drive?
How did these new formatted documents get attached to the new e-mail I created?
Thanks for your time.
Edited by imaslowlearner, 31 January 2014 - 06:31 AM.