Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem with no video on Boot ** Urgent **

• Please log in to reply

pixelharmony

pixelharmony

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Okay, so my previous system was a Asus P4T-E with a intel 1.8 on RIMM with a radeon 8200 with a 350 Antec running 2 HDD's and 2 IDE Drives.

After about 3 years I guess the OCing burnt out the MB so I got a new iWill MB. I used my friends ti5200 and everything seemed fine and dandy until at some point the AGP slot stopped functioning for some reason. I thought this because my gfx card wouldn't power up. So the first thing I did was swap my radeon back in there and the fan didn't power up either (but for some reason this crappy gfx card from my GF's dell seemed to power up but got no readout). So i ran to my friends place and tried out both cards and they worked fine. So then I went out to get a PCI gfx card and everything worked fine.

I decided to just upgrade my system some more so I can return that crappy PCI gfx card and bought a ECS KT600-A MB witha AMD 2800 XP and 1 gig of corsair PC3200. The problem this time was that when everything powered up, there would be no read on the monitor. So I went ahead and got a different stick of RAM (since there is a compatibility problem with many of the 3200 series RAM) I picked up a PC2700 and tried it again and it didn't read on the monitor. So I switch out my GFX card to another one and still no read. Then when shutting it back on and off the [bleep] thing wouldn't turn on anymore, yet when swapping back the other P4 system it works. I'm thinking it might just be a problem with the MB's. any advice?

Advertisements