Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What do I use to print CD labels and covers?

• Please log in to reply

Billsa

Billsa

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello everyone! I have never needed to do this until recently, but would like to design and print my own CD labels and the covers. I have Windows 7. I have to pay for software. What do you suggest please?

Billsa

Advertisements

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts
Hi Billsa :welcome:

There are many Label printing software for CD's and DVD's.

My link 1

My link 2

My link 3

SureThing is a reputable software.Comes with many templates to choose from for covers and labels

Some Programs like Roxio,Nero and Cyberlink suites come with Label making software. Also if you have Microsoft Word it has templates to use to design your own labels, but i did not see covers in it.

Although when using the ones mentioned in the above links, then you need to have the paper to print them on this brand is well known and always compatible with many software programs Avery

Also needed is a decent Printer to print quality labels and covers on and the higher the D P I ( Dots Per Inch) the better the Printer and the Labels will come out sharper.

Some printers come with the capability to print on "Inkjet printable CDs / DVDs" ,which then you can buy these type of CD/DVD's that will have a white blank top on them and no paper will be needed.

These type of printers come with that software already. I have an Epson that has this, i highly recommend Epson.

Google some more if you are more interested in not using a softwares templates and really designing your own artwork on CD's/DVD's.

Plus there are many free software products out there, but of course you will find better quality most of the time with bought products.

Hope this Helps!!

Edited by jds63, 13 February 2014 - 07:08 PM.

Billsa

Billsa

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank you very much for your advice!
I will accept them into account.

On another forum I was advised this soft (link). What can you say about it?

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts
Your Welcome for the advice!! This link you provided for this software seems basic, looks o.k., reviews were not to good.

It all matters to what you prefer, how well you wish to make your labels and covers for CD/DVD's and if you are not that particular on looks of how they come out.

I like a software that will offer you the most.

Why i will do research on several brands before purchasing one.

Again i may have thought you wanted to actually design your own, so i suggested to google about that idea, but if you are not and going to use a software that offers alot of templates to choose from,
then i would go with some of the suggestions i mentioned before.

Good Luck!!