Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

dvd rom wont eject

• Please log in to reply

saraveza408

saraveza408

• PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
I just got this used computer & had a friend do a fresh install w/windows 7. The DVD ROM wont eject. It appears there is a DVD in it too. I dont know if the DVD ROM ever worked I tried it for the 1st time right now.
when I go to my device manager it says this is the model HL-DT-ST DVDRRW GWA 4083B ATA DEVICE
CAN ANYONE HELP ME FIX THIS ISSUE?
PLEASE & THANK YOU!

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
To open the drive you will see a little hole on the front face plate of the drive.
Use a paper clip to gently push in the hole which should release the tray and allow you to pull it open by hand. Once you have the disk out of the drive try to use the open\close button to run the tray. If no luck it may be a faulty gear assembly on the drive.

saraveza408

saraveza408

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

To open the drive you will see a little hole on the front face plate of the drive.
Use a paper clip to gently push in the hole...

Will I have to do this everytime I want to eject something?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
If the drive is bad yes. Replacement drives are not that expensive but without knowing if this is a pc or laptop I can't tell you a more exact price.