Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

shredder64.msi error [Inactive]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

barrage

barrage

• PipPip
  • 59 posts
Hello, as of earlier today I keep getting an error when I try to open files/folders.

When I click on a file or folder windows attempts to install a program called shredder. I hit cancel every time and then it opens up the window/file normally.

The picture on the left is from my laptop when I hit cancel. The one on the right is someone else's screenshot (looks like the same error) because I couldn't get the first message to pop up again for some reason.

I'm using an Acer aspire V3-571G-9686, running windows 8. I have windows defender and MBAM installed. I was just wondering if I should be worried that I might have some virus/keylogger or if this seems to be more of a minor registry error or something of the sort. Thanks in advance!

Attached Thumbnails

• Shredder error.jpg

Edited by barrage, 23 February 2014 - 01:08 PM.

Advertisements

barrage

barrage

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
Has anyone else had this issue? It's still coming up today and it's starting to worry me more...Really hope it's not a keylogger or something...

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,978 posts
Hello Barrage,

Welcome to the Malware Removal section of the forum. My name around here is SleepyDude and I will be helping you with your problem.

I know that having a computer with problems can be very frustrating but I will do my best to help you fixing the issue.

«»«»«»

A few days passed since you started this topic and I would like to know if you still need help?

Please let me know so we can start working on your computer issue......

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,978 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with address of this thread. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.