Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Crackling noise coming from laptop speakers + Sound distorted.

• Please log in to reply

ToshibaPro

ToshibaPro

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Hey Guys...

So my Packard Bell Easy Note MX37-S-200 has suddenly started making persistent " Crackling " and " Popping" noises from the moment i boot it. The noise is coming from the speakers and the sound is now distorted. I have very recently got it back from the repair shop after having my AC jack replaced... I would really like to rule everything out before i start pointing fingers at the repair guy :)

Things i have tried - Disabling sound driver - Noise was still there and laptop just installed it again.

Running avast scan through it - Scan picked up nothing.

Played with the sound setting - Nothing changed noise still there.

Plugged in PC speakers - Noise still coming from laptop but sound came out of the speakers fine.

Would really appreciate any help
Thank you :)

Edited by ToshibaPro, 25 February 2014 - 08:26 AM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
Hello ToshibaPro

If you mute the notebooks integrated speakers using the speaker icon on the taskbar do you still hear the noise.

ToshibaPro

ToshibaPro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Yes i do... Its really strange its coming from the speakers but when i turn the sound down or disable the sound driver i can still here it :/

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
I can only suggest that you return it to the person that replaced the DC jack, what you describe could be a system short and if it is it could ruin your MB and CPU etc.

As a suggestion before you return to the person that replaced the DC jack make a note of the troubleshooting steps that you have tried, this will demonstrate that you cannot be fobbed off, good luck and let us know how you get on or if you have any other questions.

ToshibaPro

ToshibaPro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
I have noticed also that when the laptop first starts up the noise is louder and more spaced out. I'm wondering maybe whether it is the fan? But i don't no why the noise would be coming from the speakers.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
It is clearly not right and the person that handed it back to you like this should put it right asap.