Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Why does my laptop freeze only at my workplace?

• Please log in to reply

Mafalda GR

Mafalda GR

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi to all.

I wonder why every single time I'm at the school where I work, it's very difficult to work on my laptop because it keeps freezing all the time, even when I'm offline. It doesn't respond to CTRL+ALT+DEL, or anything, and I keep having to close it manually. Does anybody have a clue about what could be done to solve this problem?

Thank you so much,

Mafalda

Advertisements

KingdomSeeker

KingdomSeeker

• PipPip
  • 80 posts
Hi Mafalda GR, Welcome to G2G. When you are at work is there anything close that could restrict air flow like books or folders? If so it may be causing i to over heat. If not can you please supply more information on what kind of computer you have? Thank you.

Mafalda GR

Mafalda GR

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi KingdomSeeker,

Thank you for replying to my post.
It's not a problem of overheating, as it will freeze even if I've been working only a few minutes. A friend of mine told me maybe it's the "energy or vibes" of the placePosted Image. I believe there has to be a logical explanation to this mystery...

It's a Toshiba Tecra with Intel Core processor (2.50 GHz) and 4 GO of RAM working with Windows 7 Professional.