Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Looking for some tips / direction? optimizing notebook for Audio / Per

• Please log in to reply

Kman4488

Kman4488

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
Hey I was just trying to get some advice , and or information on ways i can inprove performance , and audio quality. I have read updating chipset and drivers can help , yet it seems trying to get the latest drivers / updates keeps leading me to adware / junk and never what im really looking for . I have a ASUS K55n , 8 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB HDD Sata . I think i have a AMD A70M chipset . Im a bit disapointed after having malware issues i had re formated and reinstaled win 8 , and lost alot of my orignial drivers, and software. so im trying to obtain the corect replacements. Also wondering what tips , can help with quality and performance . I set procceser sceduling to background task , disabled most visual effects to try to boost performance, i have been using disk defrag to get my HDD Health at top shape. Any ideas / tips? thanks!

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,795 posts
Hello Kman4488

As the computer concerned is a brand name (OEM type) you should obtain all of the drivers that you need from them, see here

You may be aware of this already but I will mention it in any event, after formatting a computers HDD and then reinstalling Windows you must also reinstall the drivers for the MB and other hardware, the first driver that you should install is the chipset as that ensures that the following drivers will install without issue.

Once you have confirmed that you have all of the drivers that you need safely installed post back and I will help you with maintaining the performance of the notebook.