Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Corel WinDVD 11 - do I have to pay to use it?

• Please log in to reply

DCness

DCness

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Dear Geeks, help needed.

I wanted to watch a few old DVD's this evening and tried to find some program on the Internet that would allow me to play the discs from an external DVD writer. My previous laptops all came with media players of some sort already installed however currently I have got a crappy little Asus EEE with Windows Starter operating system and the only media related program on it is Inter Actual Player that has got some comparability issues.

I quickly found some website that allowed to download the media player for free. It turned out to be Corel WinDVD 11 and in the process of downloading I realized that it is far more advanced program then I will ever need. When I went to watch the DVD it asked me to sign up for a free 30 trial. Well, I don't really want to sign up for anything and I don't want to purchase anything, I just need the simplest free media player program that would allow me occasionally watch DVD's.

Since I have already downloaded CorelWinDVD 11 I wonder if I will be billed for it? I did not sign up for the free trial and I haven't handed over any credit card details. If so, how do I cancel? Or do I need to opt out? There was a user agreement I accepted but I did not read it of course. The website I downloaded the program from is Softonic.

Apologies for such nuisance question but I just saw that they sell this program for about $60 on Amazon and I really don't want to do that. Please feel free to speak to me veeeeeery slooooowly as it is obvious you're dealing with a hopeless case of computer usage.

Any advice will be appreciated, thank you.

Advertisements