Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DirectX Issue

• Please log in to reply

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Yes strange but most welcome I`ll bet :)

What I suggest you do now that the issue appears resolved is create a new restore point for your present settings, this will ensure that you have a point to go back to should the issue happen again, "how to" here if you are not aware.

The scheduled updates we can come back to when you are happy that all is well if you like.

Advertisements

dredge

dredge

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
I have created the restore point and the issue has not returned. If you have the time, I would like t go over the issues you pointed out.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Please refer to How To Schedule Tasks in Windows XP the details of which are here

Your AV MSE should be allowed to update as scheduled so that it offers the best protection, Google and Adobe flash player should be allowed to update at your discretion.

NB: Did you notice the following 3/5/2014 7:39 AM;Every 1 hour(s) from 12:39 AM for 24 hour(s) every day, starting 1/1/2000: Adobe Flash Player Updater, this is not possible as XP was not installed on your computer until 4/20/2010 9:13:21 AM :unsure:

dredge

dredge

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
I did not notice that. Although, the computer was built in 2004, but I had to reinstall the operating system in 2010. I have no idea why that shows that, do you?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
No idea whatsoever I`m afraid, I made a point of mentioning it so that you knew I was paying attention to detail :)

Is the computer still behaving itself.

dredge

dredge

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
, actually my frame rates and everything are better than they were before I started corresponding with you. Ghost in the machine I guess.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Casper the friendly ghost it would appear :)

dredge

dredge

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
I'd rather deal with a real ghost not be able to play my games. Thank you for all your help.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
You are most welcome and I hope that the computer continues to work well for you (keep in mind to make regular restore points :thumbsup: )