Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Choosing new Windows to buy

• Please log in to reply

Ale Alk

Ale Alk

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Few years ago I bought Windows XP and it is going to die this year (going out of the Microsift support at least). I am thinking to buy Win 7 but it could die next year after W XP? I'd select windows 8 (to have at least 5 years to use it) but it is not looking like serious OS but something with childish huge buttons created for the tablets. Isn't it?
Which Windows OS do you think better to buy in order of quality versus price efficiency?
Is it the time to switch to Linux or it is early to do so?
Thank you in advance for your suggestion,
Ale
Posted Image

Edited by Ale Alk, 11 March 2014 - 07:33 PM.

Advertisements

Kemasa

Kemasa

Nobody

• Technician
  • 1,727 posts
Linux is free and more secure than Windoze. Too soon? It is well past time. I have been running Linux for years.

I think it was hotmail, which M$ bought, was running Linux on their servers, which was noticed, but they could not switch it over Windoze, so they hid the fact that it was running Linux.

You can load Linux on your current machine and it should run much faster. If you have enough memory and if your processor is fast enough, you can run a virtual Windoze machine, for programs which require it. Virtualbox is free, OpenOffice is free, LibreOffice is free.

mixpix

mixpix

• Pip
  • 2 posts

You'll be happy to know that Win 7 is good through 2020. I would choose that operating system, from any of the other Windows, but would experiment with Linux, if I had the time. I migrated fro XP, purchsing Win 7, so I could use Apple's iCloud, as I use Apple ipad & iPhone.

Still haven't figured how to get iPhotos to keep up with the Win 7, but all else seems fine.

I would refuse Win 8 & Vista, but most other Win OS are good.

SamuelJamesLennox

SamuelJamesLennox

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Get Win 8! It's awesome! 

Edited by SamuelJamesLennox, 06 July 2015 - 02:34 AM.

John Michel

John Michel

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

You should get windows 8 it is very nice. It has almost all functions of windows XP.

idevied

idevied

• Pip
  • 1 posts

You should get windows 8 it is very nice. It has almost all functions of windows XP.

hello friends i am daily use new window 8 or 10 very nice window wonderful facility provide by any pertions more fuction very good program

it's very nice looking so beautiful ,

so thanks ..............

Today India News In Hindi

Edited by idevied, 23 February 2017 - 02:57 AM.