Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help on Reset password in Outlook express (I forgot my password)

• Please log in to reply

ruKrazy

ruKrazy

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
Hi

When I go into outlook express to check my email it says my password is rejected
I changed it by accident and now need to reset it

Can you help

this is the error message I get
There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'POP3', Server: 'pop.broadband.rogers.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR [AUTH] (#MBR1212) Incorrect username or password.', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

Advertisements

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,978 posts

Hi

When I go into outlook express to check my email it says my password is rejected
I changed it by accident and now need to reset it

Can you help

this is the error message I get
There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'POP3', Server: 'pop.broadband.rogers.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR [AUTH] (#MBR1212) Incorrect username or password.', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

Hi,

The only help we can provide is to advice you to contact your ISP to reset the password or check if they have some support web page where you can do a password recovery.

ruKrazy

ruKrazy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
Thanks What areas in outlook express can I change my password
I know what it is does it give you a max of three tries and then the password needs to be reset

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,978 posts

Thanks What areas in outlook express can I change my password
I know what it is does it give you a max of three tries and then the password needs to be reset

The password option in Outlook Express it's only to prevent access to the mail inside. The error you post is from the mail server controlled by your ISP.

ruKrazy

ruKrazy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
Hi
I called my isp provider and they said that it's a windows issue as my password connects correctly

How to proceeed pls ?

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,978 posts

Hi
I called my isp provider and they said that it's a windows issue as my password connects correctly

I'm not sure that is a windows problem because you got a server response... Can you access your account using the webmail?

ruKrazy

ruKrazy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
I can access my email through yahooemail and thunderbird but can't through outlook express

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,978 posts

I can access my email through yahooemail and thunderbird but can't through outlook express

In that case I suggest to remove the e-mail account from outlook express (not the e-mails) and setup the account again.

Btw did you decide giving up on Mozilla Thunderbird? Any particular reason?

ruKrazy

ruKrazy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
I think I already did that and it didn't fix the issue

Thunderbird I need to get used to the format right now I have it running along side Outlook express

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,978 posts

I think I already did that and it didn't fix the issue

Thunderbird I need to get used to the format right now I have it running along side Outlook express

Warning: If you use both programs at the same time the first connecting to the server will download and delete the messages from the server.

Better make sure you setup the mail account in one of the programs to keep the messages on the server.

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
See steps 2-4 here: How to change your Microsoft Outlook Express password

ruKrazy

ruKrazy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
Now I'm really confused I can't get into Outlook express and have been using thunderbird how to fix this so I can get into outlook express again
Sorry not much of a techie so step by step instruction would be nice

Edited by ruKrazy, 13 March 2014 - 08:04 PM.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
What do you mean you can't get into Outlook Express? What are you doing and what actually happens?

ruKrazy

ruKrazy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
When I Go into Outlook Express my password is rejected and when I click on details I get this

There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'pop.broadband.rogers.com', Server: 'pop.broadband.rogers.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR [AUTH] (#MBR1212) Incorrect username or password.', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Did you do what the steps in the link I gave you say to do?