Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help on Reset password in Outlook express (I forgot my password)

• Please log in to reply

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,978 posts

When I Go into Outlook Express my password is rejected and when I click on details I get this

There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'pop.broadband.rogers.com', Server: 'pop.broadband.rogers.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR [AUTH] (#MBR1212) Incorrect username or password.', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

Maybe the problem isn't the password but the username. If it works on Thunderbird check the account configuration there specially the username part in some cases you have to use only the user_name others the full e-mail [email protected]
According to the settings I pointed out the other day here you have to login using the full e-mail address [email protected]

Edited by SleepyDude, 14 March 2014 - 03:18 AM.

Advertisements

ruKrazy

ruKrazy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
Not sure what you mean sorry.

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,978 posts

Not sure what you mean sorry.

Hi,

• Start Outlook Express.
  • On the Tools menu, click Accounts.
  • Click the Mail tab.
  • Click your account, and then click Properties.
  • Click the Servers tab.
  • Make sure that you have you complete e-mail address on the Account name box

ruKrazy

ruKrazy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
Thanks that worked :thumbsup:

U made my day !

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,978 posts

Thanks that worked :thumbsup:

U made my day !

Good. :)

hirussellsmith

hirussellsmith

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi

When I go into outlook express to check my email it says my password is rejected
I changed it by accident and now need to reset it

Can you help

this is the error message I get
There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'POP3', Server: 'pop.broadband.rogers.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR [AUTH] (#MBR1212) Incorrect username or password.', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

If you forget your Identity password, you have no option to recover it. However, account passwords are stored in the Windows registry under a particular Identity. It works if you have never used more than one Identity. Through manual method, Outlook Express user has single option, to create a new Identity from the Identity logon window, re-enter your accounts information, and then import your mail folders as follows:

1. On the File menu, click Import, then click Messages
  2. Select "Microsoft Outlook Express 6" from the list and click Next.
  3. Select Import mail from an OE6 store directory and click OK
  4. Browse to the original Identity's store folder
  5. Select the folders to be imported and click Next
  6. When the import process is complete click Finish to close the import wizard.