Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Advice on these specs

• Please log in to reply

czurk

czurk

• Pip
  • 1 posts
A buddy of mine has a computer for sale that he built. hes looking for around 800-900 dollars for the computer which he said he built for around $1100. Can anyone tell me if these specs are good for the amount i'm paying for?

RAM- Corsair Vengeance Red 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory (CMZ16GX3M2A1600C10R)

Graphics Card- Gigabyte AMD Radeon HD 7850 1GB GDDR5 DVI/HDMI/2x mini-Displayport PCI-Express 3.0 CrossFire ready Graphics Card GV-R785OC-1GD

Operating System- Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64bit (Full) System Builder DVD 1 Pack

Disc Drive- Pioneer Electronics USA 15x SATA Internal BD/DVD/CD Burner with 4 MB Buffer BDR-208DBK

CPU- AMD FX-6300 FX-Series Six-Core Processor Edition, Black AM3 FD6300WMHKBOX

Motherboard- ASUS DDR3 2133 FM2 Motherboard M5A99X EVO R2.0

Case- Thermaltake V3 Black AMD Edition Gaming Chassis Mid Tower Steel Computer Case VL800P1W2N

Power Supply- Corsair Professional Series HX 1050 Watt ATX/EPS Modular 80 PLUS Gold (HX150)

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
:welcome: czurk

Sorry but we cannot provide a valuation on the computer as there are too many variables such as how old each part is, has the hardware been overclocked and has the computer been looked after as three examples.

There is no HDD on your list so add circa $60 to the the price I have for a 1TB 7200rpm 64MB cache Seagate Barracuda or WD Blue, $1014.62 gets all of those items new as of 10.00 am UK time on 15/03/14, see list

You are the one who must decide (and risk offending your friend if you offer him less) and we can only offer you some pointers.

Also worth a mention is that there is an imbalance in some of the parts + your intended use also needs to be considered, for high end gaming for example 8GB of Ram is enough but the video card not the best and the PSU while it is top of the range cost around $150 more than what is actually required, these are in no way intended as criticism but I would only use the aforementioned components if I had a GTX 780 or above video card/two high end cards in Crossfire or Sli.