Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

77.221.153.210 Potentially Malicious Website

• Please log in to reply

Rickles

Rickles

• PipPipPip
  • 629 posts
Hi,

Although it is being blocked by Malwarebytes I am getting a pop up message every few minutes:

Blocked access to 77.221.153.210 Potentially Malicious Website Type incoming.

The last time I had virus problems I was told to use Malwarebytes so I bought the program and it is on and updated.

I did an extra complete scan with Malwarebytes but nothing found

Same with Norton Internet Antivirus.

Same with TDSSKiller.

Do I need to do more?

Regards

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
That message means the IP address of the website has been blacklisted by Malwarebyte's malicious website protection. Since it has prevented your browser from visiting the site, there's no way for you to have become infected by it. Almost every drive-by infection relies on unpatched 3rd party software. So the best protection is keeping your applications updated (e.g. Adobe Flash / Reader, Sun Javascript etc). Finally, not every site blocked by MBAM is malicious. It may be on a shared server with an infected site, or even in a range of IPs deemed potentially unsafe, but not all infected.

TL;DR no you don't have to do anything else.

Rickles

Rickles

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 629 posts
Thanks Admin,

I don't know enough about computers which is why I always have a shortcut to you guys handy.

Better to be safe.

Again thank you.

Regards
rickles23