Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Anti malware choices

• Please log in to reply

Janis

Janis

• PipPipPip
  • 333 posts
I have always had Malwarebytes on the pc which is updated daily. After the pc was cleaned up with the generous help of the techs on theis site, I had been curious as to whether malwarebytes was enough. I installed a trial version of superantispyware and was surprised that it came up with five pieces of malware (ads). Is is better to keep both security programs on the pc or just one of them? Is superantispyware the better of the two?

Advertisements

Dakeyras

Dakeyras

Anti-Malware Mammoth

• Expert
  • 9,772 posts
Hi. :)

I installed a trial version of superantispyware and was surprised that it came up with five pieces of malware (ads)

Most likely they were tracking cookies and easy enough to flush them periodically using TFC - Temp File Cleaner by OldTimer.

Is superantispyware the better of the two?

SUPERAntiSpyware has a component/incorporated feature named Bootsafe, if ever used on a infected machine it can render it little more than a expensive door stop! Plus to be honest my personal opinion about the software is it is little more than a waste of installation space and far from effective these days as a Anti-Malware application...

I will further add in all the years I have been providing online Anti-Malware support; have never advised the use(deployed) of the application. My friendly advice is you consider uninstalling it, though that is your call.

Overall as long as you follow the advice provided in the topic you mentioned that will go a long way towards ensuring the security of your machine.