Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

office 2000 not working since install of win xp

• Please log in to reply

AnAngelLady

AnAngelLady

• Pip
  • 6 posts
;) I recently installed XP. Since doing so, my office 2000 and norton system works and who knows maybe something else I have yet to try is not working. Somethings I was able to go to the site to request drivers to fix. Norton & especially my Office 2000, nothing I do is working. It says to reinstall, I do. Not working, Norton says already install uninstall and reinstall....not working...Office has been uninstalled and reinstalled and repaired and not working...can anyone help me. I have been to symantec and msn... :tazz: no help ;) Thank you for any help you can provide. Very frustrated here

Advertisements

bobthemailman

bobthemailman

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
did you install a fresh copy of windows or did you upgrade?

Edited by bobthemailman, 09 June 2005 - 12:25 PM.

AnAngelLady

AnAngelLady

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I upgraded from win 98 se

bobthemailman

bobthemailman

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
that possibly maybey the problem but iam not sure :tazz: thats y microsofr recomends upgrading from the most resent os

Edited by bobthemailman, 10 June 2005 - 05:33 AM.

DHooper

DHooper

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
Try this, boot into safe mode and try installing it. I had the same problem with my Photoshop 6.0. Hope that this helps.

AnAngelLady

AnAngelLady

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi, I have tried to reboot to safe mode and can not remember how. I know it is F? but not which one. I did upgrade from the os that was on the computer. I have been using 98 se all this time becasue I was comfortable with it. I had to upgrade to XP. I have gone into msconfig and & done a selective startup only loading system services and original boot.ini, which I was told that it should accept the NWS & I even reinstalled Office 2000. Again nothing and I have even had the Symantec do a scan and it cannot find anything of theirs on my system, yet when I try to reinstall, it says it can't as it is already there. I appreciate all your replys, other than going into safe mode and I do not remember which F? key to use. I may just restart and start pushing function keys. Thanks for all your help

Jacamus

Jacamus

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
when you turn on the unit, read the bottom of the screen, it will tell you what f key to depress to enter the advanced boot menu. select safe mode.

AnAngelLady

AnAngelLady

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thanks will try that now.

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Have you tried cleaning out your temp folder and then doing the install??

Also, don't be surprised if you can't find your cd-rom when you boot into Safe Mode..

Safe Mode disables all non-essential drivers/hardware and the cd-rom is one of those!!

Murray

DHooper

DHooper

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
No, safemode doesnt disable the CD-ROM Drive.

AnAngelLady

AnAngelLady

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi, I tried safe mode and the installer will not work under safe mode but the cd rom does. I deleted all temp files, had to do a selective start to remove all of them. Tried to again remove the files from control program, add/remove programs, etc. smymantec says no, as files needed to run..tried to remove antivirus & ghost and again it says, can't remove as they are not there, but anytime I access my program files, it shows they are there. I tried to again reinstall nsw and again it says files there and cannot. Tried symclean, and reinstall, still no. Now what? I am very frustrated. I need to use my antivirus of course and I need to use my office, I cannot load any of my documents without it. ;) :tazz: