I never had the "svchost.exe *32" process run in task manager. Its always there,can not end it. When I have an internet connection it uses a lot of cpu and grows to over 800,000 kb of memory used. With no internet connection it just kind of sits there.
svchost.exe *32 running out of control in task manager [Closed]
Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:28 AM
Posted 26 March 2014 - 03:07 PM
Hi and welcome to GeeksToGo! Please make sure you read all of the instructions and fixes thoroughly before continuing with them. If you have any queries or you are unsure about anything, just say and I'll help you out
It may well be worth you printing/saving the instructions throughout the fix, so you have them to hand just in case you are unable to access this site.
- Remember to post your logs, not attach them. So, any logs from any programs we run, should be just 'copied & pasted' into your reply.
- Please only run the tools that I request. I know malware can be frustrating but running other tools in the meantime and between posts, only makes it harder for us to analyse and fix your PC in the long run.
- Please subscribe to this topic if you have not already done so. Please check back just in case, as the email system can fail at times.
- Just because your machine is running better does not mean it is completely cleaned. Please wait for the 'all clear' from me to say when we are done.
- Please reply within 3 days to be fair to other people asking for help.
- Please tell me if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available
- When in doubt, please stop and ask first. There's no harm in asking questions!
If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, I would appreciate you letting me know. If not please perform the following steps below so I can have a look at the current condition of your machine.
- Please download Process Explorer from HERE.
- Unzip ProcessExplorer.zip file and double-click on file procexp.exe to run it.
- Click on Agree button to open Process Explorer window.
- Click on File menu and then on Save as...
- Give any name to file (for example svchost.txt) and save it to known location.
- In your next reply please attach that file.
Posted 01 April 2014 - 02:54 PM
If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users