Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mouse has a mind of it's own

• Please log in to reply

HolyCowZ

HolyCowZ

• PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Hi my mouse seems to have a mind of its own. It will go berserk all of a sudden and sometimes even not work, when it goes beserk it shoots around the sceen at 10,000 miles an hour and all sorts of things open.

Here is what I have tried so far

---------------------------------------

uninstalling it and re-installing. 

used a different mouse.

used a different mouse mat.

downloaded the official driver from Logitech and did a manual install.

I have run anti virus and malware but it found nothing. (Malwarebytes antimalware and Avast anti virus)

None of the above worked for me and it still happens at random intervals sometimes i can go a day and nothing other days it just goes bonkers.

Desperately need some help here to get this menace fixed

Thanks Paul

I will Look back tomorrow thank's

Edited by HolyCowZ, 25 March 2014 - 06:43 AM.

Advertisements

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Are these mouse's wireless ? If it is might be interference then between the mouse and wireless device.

I had this issue with my Logitech M570 Trackball, had to move the transmitter closer, something was interfering with it, sometimes metal or other wireless devices, wi-fi, bluetooth,phones.

HolyCowZ

HolyCowZ

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Hello and no its a wired mouse. I have also taken it to bits and made sure nothing is inside getting in the way ie dust ect, its clean.

I am at a lose end what to do...................

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

O.k., when you say you try a different mouse, exactly same thing happens ?

Are these different brand mouses using different software ?

Are you on a network (company) ?

Mattering the types of movements it's making, what it's actually doing i suspect either a bug in software or it's quite possible someone is hacking into your computer.

Since both Mice do it.

I would try to repost this in Malware,spyware removal as a new post, just in case to rule this out.

Try disconnecting from your modem to see if this still happens.