Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Old Computer slowing down

• Please log in to reply

wasilla

wasilla

• PipPip
  • 42 posts

I have a Compaq Presario CQ5600Y   2.8 GHz AMD Athlon II Dual Core Processor with 3 GB Ram and 500 GB hard drive, running Windows 7          It's probably 6 years old? and still working well. No problems with speed in start up or shut down, but it seems like lately it's been a little slow moving around on the Internet.  Should I just leave it alone, or is there something magic I can do to speed it up? Norton Antivirus says no problems and SuperAntiSpyware says everythings ok.  Any thoughts?

Thank you from Alaska

Advertisements

humble2k14

humble2k14

• PipPip
  • 77 posts

wasilla,

:welcome:

If you're confident you aren't experiencing any Malware symptoms from Trojans, Viruses, Rootkits, Adware, etc and you just feel your PC needs a little optimization -- free free to download CCleaner.

CCleaner is the number-one tool for cleaning your Windows PC. It protects your privacy online and makes your computer faster and more secure. Easy to use and a small, fast download.

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to ask :).

Edited by humble2k14, 01 April 2014 - 05:12 AM.

wasilla

wasilla

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

What a GREAT little program. Downloaded easily, ran faultlessly and speeded up my old computer extremely well.  Thank you so very much.

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts

Would you like some furhter assistance with your issue, or are you happy with the result?

wasilla

wasilla

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

VERY pleased with the result, please see my 4/1/2014 reply.

humble2k14

humble2k14

• PipPip
  • 77 posts

wasilla,

You're welcome and I am happy I was able to assist you with your issue, if you need anything in the future, please don't hesitate make a new post.

Additionally, everyone else please create a new topic.

Edited by humble2k14, 05 April 2014 - 04:38 PM.