Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Database Help: How to retrieve all children of a parent node in sybase

sybase ase trees stored procedures hirarcy

• Please log in to reply

goforcrazy

goforcrazy

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I am having a table Employee which has employeeID and ManagerID. I would want to be able to drill down the tree structure from the ManagerID at the highest level and go down till the bottom of the tree. I understand that sybase does not support common table expression. Could you kindly suggest me ways of getting this information out when the levels of hierarchy is not known and will be different for different ManagerID's.

I am guessing we might need a recursive procedure but how do i return this tree structure list from a procedure. I am using Sybase ASE.

I looked around similar questions on the same topic but was not able to get anything concrete. Any kind of help will be appreciated.

Advertisements