Thank you for your cooperation. Your logs show no sign of infection. Congratulations, your system is now clean
Below are a few more steps you have to complete to ensure the good working condition of your system.► Remove Special Tools with OTL by OldTimer
Using this tool will remove all temporary, and unnecessary files still in your computer after using the tools I asked you to run earlier.
► Set a Clean Restore Point
- Double-click OTL.exe to run it. For Windows Vista and Windows 7 users, please run it as an administrator.
- As seen on the interface, click the CleanUp button.
- You will be asked to reboot after. Please allow it to do so by clicking Yes on the next prompt.
Doing this will prevent you from a possible reinfection. You see, malicious files try to save a copy of themselves in the System Volume Information storage. The latter is a protected directory; the best way to get rid of these possible copies is to do the step below. Since your system is now clean, it is essential to set a clean and working backup.
- Navigate to Start, right-click Computer and click Properties.
- On the left, click System protection.
- Click Create.... Input any title and press Create.
- Once done, press Close > OK.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools.
- Right-click on Disk Cleanup. Run it as an administrator.
- If you have more than one drive, select your default one (C:). Otherwise, wait for its initialization to finish.
- Check the following boxes (you may choose to add more):
- Temporary Internet Files
- Recycle Bin
- Temporary Files
- Navigate to the More Options tab.
- Under System Restore and Shadow Copies, click Cleanup... > Delete > OK.
I will now proceed to giving to tips on how to maintain your system as it is. You can do the following as a routine to ensure that your system will work properly. Anytime you encounter an infection again, please do not hesitate to go back here at Geeks to Go
. ► Keep Your Computer Updated
Your current Windows operating system needs to install additional updates which are important, one of which is the Service Pack. The latter and other updates contain fixes and patches to prevent attackers from compromising your system. It is imperative that you keep your system up-to-date by obtaining free updates whenever they are available.
► Update Java
- Install the latest Service Pack by going 'here'. If you already have, continually visit the official 'Microsoft Windows Update' site to keep your system up-to-date.
One of the programs you use every day unknowingly is Java. It is necessary for a lot of applications thus you should make sure it is always up-to-date. Older versions may be prone to exploits and vulnerabilities.
► Update Your Anti-Virus Every Day
- Download the latest 'Java' installation and save it to your desktop.
- You need to uninstall any previous Java installations.
- For Windows XP: Navigate to Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs.
- For Windows Vista: Navigate to Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features or Uninstall a Program.
- For Windows 7: Navigate to Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features or Uninstall a Program.
- Search the list for previous installations of Java such as all versions below:
- Proceed to uninstalling the old versions and install the one you've just downloaded.
Ensuring that you have one anti-virus installed in your system is a good way to prevent being infected. You must always make sure to update your anti-virus every day; anti-virus companies see to to it that the latest definition updates are distributed to be in par with the growing advancement and propagation of malware. Your anti-virus is useless if you do not update it.
Set a scanning routine. Ensure that you do a full scan with your anti-virus monthly. This is part of maintaining a clean system--a scanning routine proves to be effective. You can never be sure when your computer has caught an infection.► Surf Safe
Alongside your anti-virus and firewall, various programs such as SpywareBlaster can be obtained to help you avoid malicious sites. Don't worry as it poses no conflict to your current installation. Please find the download link in the program's name below.
SpywareBlaster can help keep your system secure, without interfering with the "good side" of the web. Unlike other programs, it does not have to remain running in the background. It works alongside the programs you have to ensure safe surfing.
- Just like your regular security programs, SpywareBlaster needs to be updated every day.
- Open the program by clicking the icon.
- Click Updates > Check For Updates.
- If there happens to be an update, a Enable All Protection button will appear. Please click that button.
If you have any unresolved issues with regard to this thread or you need more
please ask me. I would assist you further, should it be required. Otherwise, enjoy your clean system.