Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC boot up problems and monitor problems

• Please log in to reply

Iceendz

Iceendz

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
I have a pc with windows 2000 on it and it will freeze alot during boot up and have to be restarted hundreds of times before a successfull boot up happens. Also alot of times the monitor will say no signal so for some reason it sometimes send anything to the monitor even though everything plugged in correctly. Also it occasionally wont even turn on when you hit the power button. Any suggestions to fix this? It also will freeze when trying to boot in safe mode sometimes. Once the pc is booted to the login screen it works perfectly fine without any problems. Its the weirdest problem ive ever seen. :tazz:

Edited by Iceendz, 09 June 2005 - 04:34 PM.

Advertisements

Iceendz

Iceendz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
All these problems as i figured were because the power supply was a few years old and used a alot so i replaced it and now i dont get all the odd power up behaviors like or freezing during boot up and stuff. So now my pc works fine i replaced my old power supply with a antec smartpower 2.0

Any one else who has weird problems as i explained ion my first post it could be your power supply.