Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trouble installing program for school

Eclipse Advantage Software cdinstall installation problems

• Please log in to reply

Phebe

Phebe

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi,

First off, thanks your helping or just looking.

I am a student and I have a software CD that I can't get loaded properly. The software is Total Eclipse 5 from Advantage Software and I'm running Windows 7 Starter with SP1 (32-bit). About a month ago I loaded it to the computer successfully but I uninstalled it (and deleted the remaining filed from Program Files) after I found I couldn't connect the necessary hardware yet.

I now need it back on, but when I go through the installation process I meet up with an error message near the end saying "cdinstall MFC Application has stopped working." It then leaves me with the icon my desktop which, when I open it, displays the program with the dialogue box for user selection, but it is blank.

I know that upon a new installation it should prompt me to create a user, but it doesn't do that. And any of the options I click (OK, Cancel, or the X) just shut the program down.

I've tried multiple re-installations and repairs. Nothing works. I though maybe I'd deleted something I shouldn't have the first time and tried a system restore, but there were no points before the first installation for me to select and the earliest date didn't work. I've also tried a cleanup and scan disc to no avail. I have been contemplating a Windows repair, but would like to know my options before I try that step.

Thank you.

Advertisements

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,978 posts

Hi Phebe :welcome:

Perform a Clean Boot and try to reinstall the program running in this mode.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows