Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

just built pc + nothin happens...

• Please log in to reply

bob_p

bob_p

• Pip
  • 4 posts
ok here go's
I have just put together a pc, amd 64 3200+, asus a8v deluxe mobo, 1gb ram, geforce mx 4000 graphics.
I'm pretty sure its all put together corretcly but when i boot nothin comes on the screen :tazz: . All the fans go, the hd is on and there is power to the cd etc but the bios screen just doesn't appear.

any suggestions of common causes

thanks

Advertisements

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Hi,

Please follow this troubleshoot guide and report back

Rick

bob_p

bob_p

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
hmm tried all that and still nothin, no beeps. the fans all start and the hd if attached but no beeps or bios screen

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Please try another video card and post back sounds like everthing else is working you just can't see whats going on.

Rick

bob_p

bob_p

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I figured out it was the ram, thought it was all good and swapped it, now i can boot but when i try and install an os it gets half way through then hangs.
the only thing i can think of is that i'm using a sata drive, i set it to ide mode in the bios as i'm only using one but no joy.

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Test the ram you now have with memtest86 and report back most of the time when a system hangs when trying to install a OS it is ram related.

What speed ram do you have and how many sticks?

Rick

bob_p

bob_p

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
i have one stick the one i was trying was ddr2700 i am just waiting for a replacement ddr400 to arrive