Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD Crash - Unknown cause

BSOD

• Please log in to reply

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

K, I will check back in the morning before I head off to work  :thumbsup:

Advertisements

GhostLoad

GhostLoad

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Thanks for all your help so far!  :thumbsup:

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Hello Ghostload

How are things going

You are welcome btw  :)

GhostLoad

GhostLoad

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Seems fine at the moment, but it wasn't a consistent crash so I'll have to keep an eye on it for a couple days.  Let's just assume it's all good in the meantime.  Thanks for your help phillpower2.  If anything else happens I'll post on here, otherwise it's all set.  :)

Here's my Speccy profile now that Windows is fully updated btw.

http://speccy.pirifo...gbacqN3bepVtL2v

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Thanks for the follow up GhostLoad  :thumbsup:

Hopefully all is well now but you know where we are if you need us, JFYI the hotfix that I was thinking that may resolve the issue was the one here

You are welcome btw  :)

GhostLoad

GhostLoad

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Sigh so I was good until this Monday when it started happening again all of a sudden.  :(

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Post a new Speccy report and upload your latest dump file/s for us please.

GhostLoad

GhostLoad

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Okay, here's the Speccy report, and I'll put up the crash logs from this week (when it started happening again).

http://speccy.pirifo...F80hKB10dnRREwR

Attached Files

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Having checked your Speccy report I feel that I should refer you to the GTG malware redirection information below, this due to the fact that you download torrents and use Pando Media Booster which is reported to infect a computer with malware and cause problems with web browsers, see here chrome.exe was the process that is shown in your last crash dump btw.

I suspect that you have some malware on your computer causing issues that we are not able to solve through means we can use here in the Tech Forums. I suggest you read the 'Start Here' topic found here. With these self-help tools you have a high chance of fixing the problems on your own. If you are still having problems after following Step 3 of the guide, continue with Step 4 and 5 and post in the Malware Forum. If you are unable to run any programs, Please create a topic stating what you have tried so far and that you are unable to run any programs. Also, Please do NOT post the logs in this thread.

If you are still having issues after the malware expert gives you a clean bill of health, Please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

GhostLoad

GhostLoad

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

I dunno what Pando is, never actually heard of it.  :S

I just uninstalled it though!

Edited by GhostLoad, 06 June 2014 - 12:57 PM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x7E_dxgmms1!VIDMM_MEMORY_SEGMENT::EvictResource+f53

Update or try earlier video card drivers then follow the GTG malware redirection steps as post in my reply #24.

GhostLoad

GhostLoad

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

I'm gonna wait and see if uninstalled Pando fixed anything, then try what you suggested.  Thanks.  I'll let you know (in as timely manner as I can) how things are going on my end.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

I can only offer the guidance up for you and the final decision is always yours of course  :thumbsup:

GhostLoad

GhostLoad

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Ugh got home from the movies last night and randomly had a blue screen crash, and after logging back in it happened again (before I could do anything really) and then once more.  I think all 3 of them had different "reasons"?  I'm troubleshooting it with OTL right now though.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Only the malware staff can help you with OTLs so I will have to wait and see what prevails with the malware checks.