Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

AMD 8350 or Intel i5 4670k?

• Please log in to reply

Jake85r

Jake85r

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

I can't decide which one of these processors I should buy? I do some gaming, but its really just browsing the internet and some photoshop. Anyone have any opinions on which one I should get?

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Hello again Jake85r

My my you have been seriously thinking it over havn`t you  :)  October 11th 2013

Levity apart, both are very good CPUs and way surpass your intended use, the AMD CPU has 8 cores, is fast, less expensive but has a higher TDP and so will create more heat, the 4670k is 4th generation and so future proof for a few years and it uses less power so creates less heat, the stock i5 4670 is less expensive than the k version due to the cores being locked, this is not a concern to you as you will not be overclocking in any event.

Consider the pros and cons that I mention and then ask yourself if your intended use is likely to change in the coming years, if you decided to take up rendering videos or a career in CAD then the 8 core 8350 would be the way to go, if not the stock i5 4670 is a worthy contender.