Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Explorer: Content wont display

• Please log in to reply

longframbri

longframbri

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

I have Windows 8 on my Acer Aspire S3 Laptop and up until a couple of days ago Internet Explorer (which I normally launch from the Desktop) was working fine. Now when I click on the task bar logo to launch it opens up OK, the Google homepage (and any other site from Favourites for that matter) does not display. I can typ an address into the address bar but on hitting enter nothing happens or changes on the screen.  

If I drop down the Tools menu I notice that most of this is greyed out and only "Compatability View Settings" and "Suggested Sites" options available, although they are of no use.

Any suggestions out there??

Longframbri

Advertisements

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,978 posts

Hi,

Try Reset Internet Explorer Settings

longframbri

longframbri

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Thanks, I would if I could get to Internet Options, but as I have already explained the tools menu drop down features, which includes Internet Options are greyed out and not selectable.

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,978 posts

Thanks, I would if I could get to Internet Options, but as I have already explained the tools menu drop down features, which includes Internet Options are greyed out and not selectable.

How about Control Panel > Internet Options?

longframbri

longframbri

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Good call - That's done it !!  Many thanks SleepyDude :spoton:

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,978 posts

Good. :thumbsup: