Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CPU running too slow

• Please log in to reply

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

1: Correct

2: For now just uninstall AVG using the removal tool from here, Windows 8 and 8.1 both have an updated version of Windows Defender.which offers the same real time protection as  Microsoft Security Essentials so you do not actually need a third party AV, just make sure that it has been automatically reenabled in the Security Centre.

3; AVG is a strong contender but it could also be a Codec, it is a process of elimination I'm afraid and that is why I have gone for one of the usual suspects in AVG.

You are welcome  :)

Advertisements

Concept82

Concept82

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Hey. Ok so here's the situation at the moment. I have driver verifier running, everything works fine when the dj programTraktoor  is running on its own.... when I add in the midi controller still everything works fine.

However when I plug in the Audio 8 DJ soundcard and try open  Traktor I get the bsod always. So everytime I open traktor with the souncard plugged in I have recived the bsod. So at least we have identified what's causing it. How im going to fix it is another matter :)

Each bsod created a .dmp file, however I tried attaching to this reply, but the website gives an error saying not allowed to attach that file type so im not sure how I get it you?

I did however take not of the error on the bsod for reference though. It read Driver_Verification_Detected Violation(a8djusb.sys).

Let me know how I can the dumpfile to you or anything else whatsoever. May thanks for this.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
You can disable DV now if you will please, it is an Audio 8 driver identified as the culprit.

Try rolling back the driver  for the Audio 8 DJ soundcard in the Device Manager, if no joy, create a new restore point then with Traktor disabled and the Audio 8 device connected to the USB port etc run DriverMax to see if any newer drivers are suggested;

To run DriverMax to see if any driver updates are suggested.

Please note that you are only allowed to download two drivers a day for free and be sure to uncheck the “install AVG toolbar” option box.

Remember to always create a new restore point before updating any drivers.

I would like to take a look at any dump files please;

1. Copy any dmp files from C:\Windows\Minidump onto the desktop.
2. Select all of them, right-click on one, and click on Send To> New Compressed (zipped) Folder.
3. Upload the zip folder using the Attach button, bottom left of the dialogue input box 

You are welcome btw  :)

Concept82

Concept82

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Hi again. So I downloaded driver max and it says my audio 8 driver is not up to date(See attached screenshot). However when I click the corresponding download button it says "No downloads available for this device". So not sure whats happening here.

Also, regarding the dumpfile. I cant send the file to zip as I get the message "File not found or read permission". I have tried moving the file from the windows folder and have unchecked read only so not sure how I can get this file to you?

Just to note, these files are defaulting to the windows foler,and I have tried moving them to destop and trued to sip then. I haven't done the below step as not sure what it means.

- All future BSOD dumps must be VERIFIER_ENABLED_MINIDUMPs - otherwise the dump(s) are of no use

Thanks again for helping me out with this.

Attached Thumbnails

• DriverMax.jpg

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Hello Concept82

2: For now just uninstall AVG using the removal tool from here, Windows 8 and 8.1 both have an updated version of Windows Defender.which offers the same real time protection as  Microsoft Security Essentials so you do not actually need a third party AV, just make sure that it has been automatically reenabled in the Security Centre.

Has this been done.

Try rolling back the driver  for the Audio 8 DJ soundcard in the Device Manager,

Did you try this.

So I downloaded driver max and it says my audio 8 driver is not up to date(See attached screenshot). 

The screenshot shows a green tick in front of Audio 8 DJ which means that you have the most up to date driver.

No panic for the dump files atm as we now know the most likely cause of the issue.

If you did try rolling back the driver but without success do the following please;

Create a new restore point.

Download and save to desktop the latest drivers from here

Uninstall the Audio 8 DJ drivers in the Device Manager. 

Restart the computer in Safe Mode, install the new drivers, restart in normal Windows mode and test.

Concept82

Concept82

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Hey, Yes I have unistalled avg. I have not rolled back the soundcard driver in device manager. Would you mind tellng me how I do this please? Thanks a lot.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Save an earlier version of the driver to your desktop, uninstall the present driver and device in the Device Manager by right clicking on the audio 8 device > Uninstall > Next select Scan for hardware changes > When you are prompted for the location of drivers, install the ones that you saved to your desktop.

Concept82

Concept82

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Sincere apologies for the delay in replies Philpower2.I've unexpectedly had to be away from home and will not return until Tuesday. I will perform the above steps then and post the update. Apologies again and many thanks.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

No need for an apology as we understand you will have other things to tend to  :thumbsup:

Thank you for letting us know and we will be here when you return  :)

Concept82

Concept82

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Hey Phil, a family member has purchased me a new laptop that is due to arrive today, so I will no longer waste your time with the above query.

Thanks so much for identifying where the issue lay though. You were a pleasure to deal with. Many thanks again.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Hello Concept82,

You never waste our time here at GTG and thank you for your kind words  :)

Enjoy the new notebook  ;)