Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Major problems since "Repair Install"

Error 1327

• Please log in to reply

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

I did a "Repair Install" yesterday on Windows XP Professional.  However all went well or at least I thought it did.  Last night I tried to scan a photograph using HP 1400 series All-In-One via Hp Solution Center.  I keep getting popup up box indicating.  Error 1327 E:\mapped to use Folder.  Drive does not exhist or could not be connected.  Disconnect drive or re-assign drive letter.  Please not that my drive E has been a USB connection to the motherboard. but generall appears on "My Computer" when used for External Drive when using USB flash drives.  My printer is connected directly to one of those USB ports which are indicated as being 2.0 ports.  This all started where I could print a document but could not scan.  Also last night when I tried to scan, I got the following message. "An error occurred communicating with the scanning device.  Please ensure that the scanning device is connected properly and try again".  Documentation that came from HP Support gave the following instructions for a solution.  Start>My Computer>Properties>Hardware>Device Manager>Clik the Plus (+) sign next to Univrsal Serial Bus Controllers.>Click the USB Composite Device entry to highlight it, then click Action and the click un-install.  Confirm deletion.  Disconnect USB cable from printer for a few seconds and then reconnect cable.  This should start Windows device detection(Plug and Play).  New hardware found screen may appear(which in my case it did).  Click next through all the screens that appear for the Wizard to install the USB composite device. 

In my case, no screens appeared and no sign of any wizard.

Advertisements

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

Correctiono on my last post re "Major Problems Since "'Repair Install".  This error that I received pertains not to HP, but to Adobe Update.