Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

System Restore Problem

• Please log in to reply

kkennedy1122

kkennedy1122

• Pip
  • 5 posts
:tazz: OK, I had some problems with popups and stupid enough I tried a system restore to fix it. The restore obviously didn't help my problem, so I "undid" the restore. When I got it loaded up it said my profile information was missing or something like that. Now my desktop background and icons were all standard and there was no personalization.

So, I went into my C: drive and opened up my user account and saw that my old information was still there. I clicked my folder that had contained pictures but there was NOTHING there. Now all of the fodlers I had on my desktop are empty. I lost all my family pictures I hadn't backed up yet. I've restored a million times and sometimes it will load my profile but the folders are still empty.

Funny thing is, it kept the pictures I had in my documents and other places. It seems to have just taken my desktop fodlers and cleared them for some reason. Is there ANY way I can get them back? I don't know what to try anymore.

THANKS for the help in advance

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Try here

http://support.micro...kb;en-us;811151

When you have set up the new profile and removed / renamed the existing one, you should be able to create another new profile with the user details you want

kkennedy1122

kkennedy1122

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I just want my pictures back...

I don't really care about the settings.

If the folder still exists the files should too right? I mean why would it delete files?

I've restored to a bunch of different dates and they remain empty. I just need these pictures back..

kkennedy1122

kkennedy1122

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Could anyone help me out...I just gotta retrieve this folders contents somehow.

kkennedy1122

kkennedy1122

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
bump...

Edited by kkennedy1122, 14 June 2005 - 07:25 PM.

kkennedy1122

kkennedy1122

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
anyone? this is killin me