Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

strange occurrences on 2nd hand inspiron 1525

• Please log in to reply

jeffcaissie

jeffcaissie

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

windows vista home basic

intel pentium duel cpu t2390 @1.86ghz 1.87ghz

2.00mb ram memory

32 bit opp sys

advanced system care 7

avg free 2014

spy bot 

run regularly

curssor jumps arround buy it's self

win amp just rann over first track and found an error but file  played fine after

no blue screen of death yet but i'm concernd

ram at 60%

cpu some times high %

scared it might over load,freezz or crash

runing on xplornet satelite 4g connection,going thru a netgear n600 dual band router

dont know if security is set up right. security set up wizard did not complet. du to errors.

cant seem to keep asc7 happy.

please suggest me some thing to check for.

Edited by jeffcaissie, 17 May 2014 - 12:50 PM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

:welcome:    jeffcaissie

Download then run Speccy and post the resultant url for us please, details here

Please note that this particular forum is not for resolving computer issues, a Mod or Admin will move your topic to the appropriate forum where we can continue.

jeffcaissie

jeffcaissie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

http://speccy.pirifo...GAOzbdjbWxEdJ7F

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Have you tried starting in Safe Mode, if yes was the mouse cursor behaviour the same.

A  few things of note in the Speccy report, some I have addressed below and a couple I will mention here, BitTorrent.exe, are you aware of the risk of malware attack when downloading torrents, if our work here does not resolve the issue I will provide the GTG malware redirect information for you, there are two lots of drivers for keyboards and mice shown in Speccy, we will need to check that the correct ones are installed.

1: Uninstall advanced system care, the program is at best a gimmick and at worst a disaster waiting to happen for your computer, this type of software promises to speed up your computer but it has the potential to make it inoperable, read the blog by respected author Miekiemoe and you will understand why such programs are not recommended on these forums.

2: Uninstall AVG as it is a hog on system resources and causes conflicts with hardware and software drivers, it will presently be conflicting with ASC 7s attempt at offering AV protection, AVG removal tool and Microsoft Security Essentials (free).

3: While we are troubleshooting please change your power management settings, see below;

Power Profile
Active power scheme: 
High performance - Change this to balanced.
Hibernation: 
Enabled - Disable this.
Turn Off Monitor after: (On AC Power): 
20 min - Change this to Never.
Turn Off Monitor after: (On Battery Power): 
Turn Off Hard Disk after: (On AC Power): 
Turn Off Hard Disk after: (On Battery Power): 
Suspend after: (On AC Power): 
Never
Suspend after: (On Battery Power): 
60 min - Change this to Never.

Screen saver: 
Enabled
 - Disable this.

jeffcaissie

jeffcaissie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

i uninstalled avg and asc7,installed security essentials 

how do i check if i have the correct drivers installed?  and can u have drivers that do more harm than good.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Have you tried starting in Safe Mode, if yes was the mouse cursor behaviour the same.

Can you answer this please.

how do i check if i have the correct drivers installed?

We will get to this in due course.

can u have drivers that do more harm than good.

Yes, not all driver updates make an improvement and they can often do more harm than good, see Do I Really Need to Update My Drivers?

jeffcaissie

jeffcaissie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

sorry i did not address your first question i just started in safe mode.

some times it takes a few solid hours to really see it.

when it dos act up the mouse usually travels slowly up and to the left in a kind of vibrating motion.

i have a microsoft wireless mouse in one of my usb ports when its going if-y(vibrating) it stops when i move the mouse.

also when i am writing the cursor jumps backwards to the middle of a phrase messing up my sentence.

this has happened in safe mode. but not the mouse yet.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Do you have any other wireless devices such ie cordless telephone or USB dongle etc that could be interfering with the signal or speakers that could be vibrating the surface.

Do you have or can you borrow a wired USB type mouse and keyboard that you can try for testing purposes.

jeffcaissie

jeffcaissie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

no cordless phone in room whith laptop ,i have a 8g memory stik that i use some times, no speekers

4 usb ports on computer 1 mouse two external 1tb drives are usualy pluged in.

no wierd mouse that i can think of.

i'm thinking of investing in a usb wirelles keyboard.but no other keyboard availabel to me

i usualy use my tv as a moniter using hdmi cabel

sorry.

example: pc was not beeing used and i walk in the room end the mouse is going crazy vibrating.

i'l be watchin torrent downloded files on vlc media player and it becomes realy aparent when the mouse moves by its self.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Are the two external HDDs on the same surface as the notebook and mouse, one of the drives spinning up will create enough vibration to affect the mouse, the external HDDs could also be affecting the USB port signal, does the issue happen when the two external HDDs are disconnected from the notebook.

Re downloading torrents, are you aware of the risks of malware attack when doing so, before we continue here can I ask  you to refer to the GTG malware redirection text below;

Please read the 'Start Here' topic found here. With these self-help tools you have a high chance of fixing the problems on your own. If you are still having problems after following Step 3 of the guide, continue with Step 4 and 5 and post in the Malware Forum. If you are unable to run any programs, Please create a topic stating what you have tried so far and that you are unable to run any programs. Also, Please do NOT post the logs in this thread.

If you are still having issues after the malware expert gives you a clean bill of health, Please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

jeffcaissie

jeffcaissie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

the mouse seams to have calmed down a bit.

not as much vibrating but still moves by its self from time to time.

mostly acts up while typing

seams like it click's by its self to.

i'm using a different internet connection,switched locale and isp.

i'm running security essentials,malwarbyts,ccleaner and updating often.

jeffcaissie

jeffcaissie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

pc is now slow and i get allot of not responding programs

could not get win explorer search to work today

how long dos it usually take to re-index

Edited by jeffcaissie, 11 August 2014 - 04:55 AM.

jeffcaissie

jeffcaissie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

not getting "not responding" anymore

still no search!

should i restore indexing to default?

Edited by jeffcaissie, 11 August 2014 - 09:35 AM.

jeffcaissie

jeffcaissie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

search is working don't know what happend