Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

black screen at win startup-tried almost everything

• Please log in to reply

danyalsad

danyalsad

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I had this problem last night , my laptop became dead slow at 1st then while browsing it hanged completely and I could not even start task manager , I restarted it by holding the power button and it showed toshiba logo and then a black screen , with blinking cursor, I turned it off after sometime because it was not booting and started looking for the solution. I found the remove battery n charger , hold power for 60sec thing but when I turned it on before applying the method it booted normally now after some hours it became dead slow so I restarted it by going to start > restart and it restarted but again the black screen and white cursor , So after trying 10 times f8 it did not work (win recovery ) I tried the battery removing thing ,still no help, not to forget num lock light is on , fans are working , but i can not do anything else 

UPDATE: 
I ran a bootable kapersky rescue . it showed no virus, then I rebooted it was the same , i rebooted again n the window booted normally with normal super speed as usual, i shut down twice and turn on and it worked, but when I restarted it when to the black screen again n is still the same. 
I remember the 1st time when this happened last night was when I restarted it , because it became too slow, 
So now I got a point that it is having problem when restarted.

Now If anyone can tell me a software like the kaspersky rescue which can repair the error or help me start the win repair screen so I can reinstall the window and see if it is of any help or not

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

:welcome:    danyalsad

Some questions if I may;

What is the full model name or number of the Toshiba.

Windows Vista or 7.

When was the last time that the notebook was cleaned out of heat trapping dust.

Do you have an OS or system restore disk in case one is needed for a repair installation or for running chkdsk or SFC.

How much free storage space is available on the HDD.