Dell Inspiron 530 with Windows Vista Home Basic. Computer has become terribly slow and I'm wondering if I have a virus. Can you help please?
HELP PLEASE--DESPERATELY SLOW COMPUTER [Closed]
Posted 29 May 2014 - 04:50 AM
You can call me Phel and this time I will try to help you with your trouble.
Please, spend some time to read these instructions carefully before we start. They contain very useful information.
- Please, stay with us until the end. I know, Malware Removal isn't very fast procedure, it usually has multiple steps, but you should stay here till your computer will be absolutely clean from malware. If your main problem is solved, that doesn't mean that another malware isn't left in your computer. Your patience will be rewarded with absolutely clean computer.
- Please, let me know, if you don't understand something. It is really important to understand every instruction. If you are in doubt, how to follow one or another instruction - feel free to ask me, how to do that. I am always glad to help you with that.
- Please, don't fix anything by yourself. Please, don't run any tools unless they are required. Trying multiple tools in hope that one of them will help can lead to unrecoverable consequences. Sometimes malware removal tools, used without supervision, can harm your computer more than malware itself.
- Please, feel free to notify me about changes in your PC's behavior. It's really interesting for me to know, how your computer is running after each portion of fixes.
- Finally, enjoy the fight!
- Download OTL to your Desktop.
- Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
- Click on Scan All Users checkbox, which is located near Quick Scan button.
- Under the Custom Scans/Fixes box at the bottom, paste in the following:
BASESERVICES set /c
- Then click the Run Scan button at the top.
- Let the program run unhindered.
- When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
- Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time and post them in your topic.
Posted 04 June 2014 - 02:49 PM
If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users