Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

NetFlix freezes up on FireFox 29 when try to run videos

• Please log in to reply

vhende2000

vhende2000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Addendum;

I re-installed FireFox  and uninstalled and re-installed Silverlight onto FireFox.  Tried to run movie but failed like way before.  

I went back to Chrome and Netflix.  Did not have to do anything about Silverlight, movie started right up, no problems.  Finished movie.

So we are left with Netflix works on Chrome but does not work on Firefox. 

I do not believe this is a hardware problem.  Something is not right with Firefox and Netflix.

I know many other people are using Netflix on Firefox just fine.

I would like to find out why I can't.

Any ideas from this point?

Thanks

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

My apologies for the delay but I am unable to respond until Wednesday evening UK time due to unforeseen circumstances :(  

vhende2000

vhende2000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Quite all right, Phillpower2, I indeed know that things can interfere with your plans.

I hope everything turns out alright.

Vernon

Take care 

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Hello Vernon,

Not ideal from your perspective but you at least now know that it is a FF - Netflix issue, this is not something that I am savvy on so it may be worth asking the question of FF here meanwhile I will take a look online to see if I can find similar incidents.

Thank you for understanding btw and all is well, it was a sudden workload that had to be completed in a hurry.

vhende2000

vhende2000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

OK, thanks, I'll check out the Firefox sites but will come back here to see if you might have come accross something that could be useful.

Thanks again,

Vernon

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

I will check back later when I return home and have more time at the computer.