Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I can't download a driver for my video card.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

sigdig

sigdig

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Hi everyone,

I have three monitors and everything has always worked.. Actually I recently got the 3rd one, I've always got only two. Anyway, when I got the third one, I wanted to setup eyefinity, but I quickly found out that the CCC wouldn't open. I googled the issue, and tried many things without luck.. So I tried to delete the Video card driver, and the plan was to download it again. I used driver sweeper to delete the driver, and when i had restarted the computer, I downloaded the driver agian from AMD's website. When the download and installation was complete, I restarted again, and after that, the driver did surprisingly not work. The troubleshooter said that there is something wrong with AMD Radeon HD 7700 series's driver or something, so I tried to reinstall the drive again... And now the device manager and troubleshooter says that there is no driver downloaded for this device... I don't know what to do, I even tried to delete the driver and use driver sweeper and reinstall the driver again, without luck.. Without the driver working properly, I can only use one monitor, and its really bothering me. Please help me anyone.

http://gyazo.com/86e...21209ad95fab40d

http://gyazo.com/f39...24b316a9b988f66
http://gyazo.com/437...5ede75f2ea764f2

Edited by sigdig, 10 June 2014 - 07:09 AM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,747 posts

:welcome:   sigdig

Do you not still have the drivers disk that was shipped with your card, if not, can you tell us the brand and exact model of card you have so that we can try and locate the correct drivers for you.

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts

:welcome:   sigdig

Do you not still have the drivers disk that was shipped with your card, if not, can you tell us the brand and exact model of card you have so that we can try and locate the correct drivers for you.

Along with that, if I may add, can you give us the exact version of Windows that you are running ? Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 and 32 or 64-bits ?

You can provide us a screenshot of the window that opens when you right-click on "Computer" and select "Properties". We'll able to see it from there.

AMD Drivers webpage only allow a selection till the graphic card series, in your case, it will be Radeon HD 7xxx Series PCIe. Now all we need is your Windows version information in order to link you to right drivers (well, Catalysm Control/Download Center) for your graphic card.

sigdig

sigdig

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

This is the screenshot: http://gyazo.com/437...5ede75f2ea764f2

(It was the third link)

Windows 8 Enterprise 64 bit

I am now trying to install the driver from the cs that came with the craphics card

Edited by sigdig, 10 June 2014 - 01:11 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,747 posts

Save the drivers from the disk to your desktop, restart the computer in Safe Mode "how to" here, install the video card drivers, restart the computer as you would normally and test.

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts

Here's your graphic card drivers (straight from AMD website) :

http://www2.ati.com/...dd-ccc-whql.exe

Install Catalysm Software Suite (which is the drivers manager of AMD) and pick "Custom" installation. Make sure everything is checked and then launch the installation. Once it's done, reboot your computer and the drivers should be installed successfully. You can also give a try to phillpower2's method first.

sigdig

sigdig

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Thank you both, I will try it. When I installed from the cd it didnt work either, but every time I've tried to install the driver, I clicked the express mode. l will now try the custom one.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,747 posts

Did you try the install in Safe Mode, the reason that this is suggested is because only the bare minimum of Windows drivers are installed in Safe Mode which makes driver conflicts less likely.

sigdig

sigdig

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Hi, I tried to do as AT Inc. said, but all the stuff was already checked when I downloaded the driver, and it did unfortunately not work. I also tried to do as phillpower2 said, to install the driver in safe mode, but this is what happened: http://www.2shared.c...X0Ul/image.html T-T

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts

Hi, I tried to do as AT Inc. said, but all the stuff was already checked when I downloaded the driver, and it did unfortunately not work. I also tried to do as phillpower2 said, to install the driver in safe mode, but this is what happened: http://www.2shared.c...X0Ul/image.html T-T

Would you happent to already have AMD softwares/drivers installed on your system ? Go in your Control Panel, click on "Programs and features" and then "Uninstall a program". Order the list by "Manufacturer" and look for softwares made by AMD. If there is, please take a screenshot of what you see and post it here.

Also, it looks like AMD drivers cannot be installed in Safe Mode from what I found. What error came up when you tried to install the drivers with my method in normal mode ?

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,747 posts

From my reply #2 

You should be trying to install drivers from the manufacturer of the card as in ASUS, Gigabyte, Sapphire etc and not direct from AMD unless the card is not a third party product, the CCC software can be a nightmare at the best of times so it is important that you tell us the exact card details so we can find the correct drivers.

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts

From my reply #2 

You should be trying to install drivers from the manufacturer of the card as in ASUS, Gigabyte, Sapphire etc and not direct from AMD unless the card is not a third party product, the CCC software can be a nightmare at the best of times so it is important that you tell us the exact card details so we can find the correct drivers.

I have to agree with that. CCC is a real nightmare and everytime I have to assist someone with installing AMD drivers or reinstalling them, I have to fight with CCC all the time.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,747 posts

Aye and each brand of card will have it`s own version of BIOS and Utilities that need to be installed, a couple of examples for the Gigabyte 7770C-1GD BIOS and Utility without them the card will either not work at all or it may work but with limited capabilities..

Run DriverView, save the list of drivers in Text Format and then paste them into your next reply, DriverView here, no need to download it

sigdig

sigdig

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

There was no  irror installing with AT Inc.'s method, but the same as had always happened, happened. It looked like it installed perfectly, but after I restarted the computer, the Device Manager said that there was no driver installed for the device, eventhouugh I just did it. I can neither connect more than one screen to the video card anymore..  http://gyazo.com/f39...24b316a9b988f66

Well actually, when I think about it, I can remember some kind of message after I installed it. I will check it out.

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts

There was no  irror installing with AT Inc.'s method, but the same as had always happened, happened. It looked like it installed perfectly, but after I restarted the computer, the Device Manager said that there was no driver installed for the device, eventhouugh I just did it. I can neither connect more than one screen to the video card anymore..  http://gyazo.com/f39...24b316a9b988f66

Well actually, when I think about it, I can remember some kind of message after I installed it. I will check it out.

Alright, can you answer phil's question and tell us who is the manufacturer of your graphic card ? Also, it looks like you're missing your Monitor drivers. What is your monitor brand and model ?