Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer freezes and goes into BSOD

• Please log in to reply

Dangatrill

Dangatrill

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Lately my computer has been freezing every time i am playing a game (League of legends). This seems to be happening only once per game. The freezing happens at random parts of the game, but for the most of the time when some sort of action happens in game. At first the entire game just stand still, followed up by a entirely black screen with only the coursor visible. The gamesound or music turns into a constant loop of an annoying sound. After a couple seconds the computer goes into BSOD (Blue screen of death) Mode. I would also like to mention that this happens more often when multitasking. For example if google chrome is running in the backround or listening to spotify.

My Specs:

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 

BIOS: BIOS Date: 06/12/08 01:01:23 Ver: 08.00.14
Processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E8500 @ 3.16GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
Graphic Driver: ATI Radeon HD 4870 x2 
Memory: 6144MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 6144MB RAM
Page File: 3648MB used, 8635MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11

I appreciate all replies ! 

-Danga

Edited by Dangatrill, 15 June 2014 - 04:09 PM.

Advertisements

bnguyen100

bnguyen100

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Sorry if this reply doesn't help you a bit, not completely familiar with this problem just yet but it has happened to me before. Same happened to my GMOD, it would have the exact same reactions you are experiencing. But maybe buying a new power supply can help, that was the solution I did and it worked.

Couspit

Couspit

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

I'm not sure if it's related but I have had similar experience before when my computer was overheating. Try checking the temp when you are running multiple programs.