Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows-8 Tiles no program opens when clicked

• Please log in to reply

Ernest-1/2-Geek

Ernest-1/2-Geek

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Hi, 

I have just had my friends system cleaned with help from Pystryker, he did a super job. Now I the following issue that I need help with. When a tile is clicked on main page the program window displays for a split second then the screen reverts to main page with the tiles. This will happen no matter what tile is clicked. The start page icons will open any program that is clicked but not the tiles. 

I have the OTL program saved should you require the log.

Thank you for your help. 

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts

See here: How to Restore Default File Extension Type Associations in Windows 8 and 8.1

Start with the .lnk fix.

Ernest-1/2-Geek

Ernest-1/2-Geek

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Hi Ztruker,

I have followed your advice and I have re installed the file associations with resolving the issue. I have tried to reset and open the store but it hangs when the service tries to open the store after flushing; so it cannot be flushed and reset. 

Edited by Ernest-1/2-Geek, 22 June 2014 - 03:06 PM.