Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cant reinstal Win 7 im stuck ...

• Please log in to reply

Dani55

Dani55

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Hello ,

I have a problem with Toshiba Satellite laptop .

A few days back windows 7 crashed and after that on each power up it went to win. loading screen and crashed again " having a short flash of blue screen" and basicly going in to constant loop of restarts each time ofering " start win. normaly " and " repair win . " ( did the repair 10 times )

When trying to reinstal windows ( seting up boot order to CD/DVD first ) it did not recognize the win 7 CD to start the instalation ... so i tryed using CMD via F8.
Because i tought that its some virus problem and that if i manage to delete the partition , create new one and format the HDD i will be able to instal fresh copy of Win. Tho with my luck battery died right after i deleted the main partition ( there was only one ) ... so after the power up all i can do is enter BIOS or if i dont i only get to a screen with this eror : http://i.imgur.com/mAmUqrC.jpg
No mater which boot order i set up CD/DVD , HDD , USB the computer does not recognize the win 7 CD to start the instalation nor i can enter special boot menu via F8 nothing im just stuck betwin BIOS and that black screen .
In BIOS menu it does recognize the CDROM and the HDD .

Thank you in advance ;)

Advertisements

ruggie_uk

ruggie_uk

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,083 posts
Hi there.

The black screen you are seeing is because the network is selected as a possible boot device in the bios and it is attempting that as it cannot read from your hard drive (which is now formatted).

The problem you are having appears to be an issue with either the windows disk you are using or failure of the dvd drive itself.

But before trying those, you could try making sure that dvd is set to first boot again. Then when the machine starts, keep pressing the space bar and see if the disk boots. It may be simply that it is booting fast and you are not seeing the message that a key needs to be pressed. (Although because there is no OS, it should boot straight away)

Dani55

Dani55

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Hi :)

The boot is set too CDROM , USB , HDD and LAN last .

I tryed Win XP disk and its the same as with Win 7 presing space eaven before the eror apears ... i realy dont know what else to try .

ruggie_uk

ruggie_uk

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,083 posts
Do you have a 4GB flash drive? If so I can talk you through making a windows install flash drive.
You will need a working computer to create it, as you are posting here I assume you have access to one to perform the steps?
I am in the car at the moment but when I get back in a couple of hours I can walk you through it.

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts

Do you have a 4GB flash drive? If so I can talk you through making a windows install flash drive.
You will need a working computer to create it, as you are posting here I assume you have access to one to perform the steps?
I am in the car at the moment but when I get back in a couple of hours I can walk you through it.

If you want I can screenshot a tutorial I wrote on how to create a Windows 7 USB Flash Drive with Windows DVD USB Download Tool or YUMI and post it here :smile:
Just let me know, would be happy to help !

Dani55

Dani55

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

4gb hmm not realy but i can probably find one if not ill buy one if that will solve the problem .

Yes i can work from my home PC ;)

I guess i can try that on my own i think i have seen some where how to make a bootable USB so you dont explain some thing that can be googled and get back with results or if failed to steal some more of your time ;)

Thank you wery much for your help !

Dani55

Dani55

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Aura if you have it done allready i dont think any one would mind if you post it here ... it might help some one in the future with the same problem ;)

Tho i still have to try that and see if its gona work ... came acros similar problems online on other sites but none had a solution and each had a diferend twist lol

Ty ..

ruggie_uk

ruggie_uk

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,083 posts

Yeah it is possible there is a different problem, but from what it sounds like so far I believe it's just a dvd drive issue.

If you get stuck or need any help then don't hesitate to ask.

And don't worry about time on here, everyone is here to help where they can. :D

Cheers.

Dani55

Dani55

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Ruggie good call it looks like it realy was a faulty dvd drive :thumbsup:

Made bootable USB and instaling fresh copy with out any problems so far .

thanks again ;)

ruggie_uk

ruggie_uk

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,083 posts

Excellent - glad you are sorted :D