Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

missing dll kernals and disc error

• Please log in to reply

aa23611

aa23611

• Pip
  • 1 posts

when I turn on computer it tells me that i am missing dll kernals and when i put the disk in it tells me i have a disc error but the disc works in another computer what do i do  running xp on a dell computer ---frustrated

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

:welcome:   aa23611

The disk error could possibly be related to the hard drive but hopefully not.

Couple of questions if I may;

Have you tried booting into Safe Mode by continually tapping the F8 key when you restart the computer.

Have you tried Last Known Good Configuration from the Advanced Boot options.

Is the XP disk that you have intended for your computer as in does it have Dell embossed on it etc, a stock XP disk will not have the same drivers and other software on it that a disk that was shipped with your computer will have.

What is the exact model name and number of the Dell.

Have you checked to see if there are Dell diagnostic tools on the HDD by continually tapping the F12 key when you restart the computer.

If none of the above helps and you have the appropriate disk steps to try will include running chkdsk c: /r and SFC and if all else fails a Repair Installation.