Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Win 7 with system startup recovery loop

• Please log in to reply

DaduRaja

DaduRaja

• Pip
  • 2 posts

my win 7 laptop is stuck with system startup recovery and it does not fix I did lots of try but no luck I check hard driver it's ssd and no problem with hard drive. as I connected via usb to other pc and it's working fine it seems like just on start up it does not start win. I try safe mode but no luck PLEASE Help. 

Advertisements

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Hello!

Please provide information about your computer, this includes is it a notebook or desktop, is it a custom build or brand name such as Dell or HP, if it is a brand name provide the model name or series number (not serial) if a custom build post the brand and model name or number for the MB, add on video card if one is used and the PSU (power supply unit) providing these details will enable us to better assist you.

DaduRaja

DaduRaja

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

its laptop from Dell Latitude E6410 with ssd of 240 GB

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Hello! Did you initiate the start up repair?? You could try removing the battery and holding the power button down for 30 seconds. This will clear the memory. Reinstall battery and try to boot windows. If your OS has been corrupted, and you have a factory recovery partition. you may need to restore to factory.

You may get better solutions tomorrow. Do you have the W7 recovery media?? If you restore to factory, you will lose all your data and it will be like it was the first day you turned it on. I would suggest visiting the Dell forum with your problem??/

http://www.insidemyl...-windows-vista/

There will be more members helping tomorrow. The below link is very difficult. Don't know your skills. The easiest way is save your data and restore back to factory.

If you've ever experienced a Startup Repair that continously loops and fails to fix the problem of not being able to load windows, even in safe mode, then you'll know that usually the only way to recover from this when System Restore does not work is to do a clean install of Windows.

http://www.sevenforu...p-recovery.html

Edited by donetao, 30 June 2014 - 12:38 AM.