Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How d o you find the model # for my laptop

• Please log in to reply

wylli501

wylli501

• PipPip
  • 70 posts

I need to replace the battery on my daughter's Toshiba Satellite but I can no longer read the tag on the bottom to know which model it is. Is there some other way of telling?

Advertisements

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

You could find it with this free software! Belarc Advisor!! This program has a lot of information about your computer!!

http://www.belarc.co...e_download.html

This software will also give you that information!

https://www.piriform...speccy/download

Edited by donetao, 02 July 2014 - 05:51 PM.

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

How about without downloading something, at Start Menu click run then type MSINFO32 will be listed in the first screen.

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

How about without downloading something, at Start Menu click run then type MSINFO32 will be listed in the first screen.

Hello jds63! That will give the first part of the model number. Toshiba has two parts. Mine is L775D-S7222.

https://www.csd.tosh...el_example.html

Clicking on system in control panel will also give you part of the model number. Don't know why this is??

PS Just checked and Belarc doesn't show the full model number either. Oh well what can you expect from a cheap computer??

I don't know how you can get the full model number unless Speccy shows it??

Attached Thumbnails

• Capture48.JPG

Edited by donetao, 02 July 2014 - 06:41 PM.

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

What operating system ?

Mine does not show this in system.

Other OP must have something, paperwork unless it is much older.

I feel with part of a number most batteries are probably similiar for most models around that model.

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Hello wylli! and jds63

I don't have a answer?? As you will see in attachment, Toshiba has two parts to the model number and no matter where I look; or what ever software I use. I just get the first part of the number.

Attached Thumbnails

• Capture48.JPG

wylli501

wylli501

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Thanks for your suggestions.  I hope just getting the first part of the model # is enough. I'm going to order a new battery and hope it works.   Thanks again guys It was informative